Android Apps on Memory Card Installation / Moving to SD Card
Learn how to install Android Apps on Memory Card Storage in Android device from Google Play Store. I am not that sure that these options are available for every previous versions of Android device but for sure that it’s available on latest phones Android devices which comes with Android Lollipop 5.0 or later. All Android Lollipop user are very pleased to get this tweak on their phones, because many people have their phones containing only 8 GB ROM or memory. Almost every Android phone comes with slots for external storage memory card insertion.
Minimum requirements for Apps to be install on Memory Card or SD card:
- Latest 2015 Phones
- Android lollipop or higher check for lower version if available.
- Rooted or Not Rooted that’s not an issue.
- Must have minimum 8GB SD card.
- Check for updates if available for your desire Android version from your manufacturer.
It’s a very short quick and easy process and demonstrating step by step guide with provided some screenshots.
- First of all unlock Phone / device get to home screen and tap on settings.
- Then scroll down and tap on Storage to see memory card option.
- Select SD Card option That’s it so that new app will get installed on SD card.
- Now you also can move installed apps to the SD card. get back to settings tap on Apps.
- Select apps you want to move the SD Card, Click 3 bar horizontal button, and select move to SD card option.
Now the moving apps process from internal storage is bit slow, so be patient and you should have to wait for couple of minutes depending on the Android system speed or number of Apps you are moving. This process takes place in the background also be patient with that.
This will help in free up internal storage and also speed up device. This was a quick guide on install apps on memory card storage in Android, to know more or have a question comment below.